Enter your keyword

Communications Design Industry Discussion, Inspiration, & Tutorials

Apr 29, 2011

Website Redesign: SEA the Truth

Writer and poet, Simone Eva Alexis has more talent in her left eye than I do in my whole being when it comes to the spoken and written word. She amazes me every time I see her.
Her site did not, however. We discussed a redesign over a year ago and played phone tag or just drank wine when we should've been talking business.

Today we've begun a project that will make her site more accessible and easier to navigate.  The first problem with the original site is that it does not work in most browsers.  Early version of IE, yes. But Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or even IE 8, not at all.
Before

New Color Palette

Design In Progress

As I've mentioned before, I love to incorporate more of the artist's personality into sites I create. As earlier implied, Simone also performs spoken word. She's take the time to create edited shorts of a few of her pieces and spliced in photography and film. I took the liberty of adding just one link to the home page. I also moved a sparsely populated page's content to the home page. 


3 comments:

e-Definers Technology said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gel said...

cool

website design said...

Thanks for the great article here. I was searching for something like that for quite a long time and at last I have found it here.

Popular