Enter your keyword

Communications Design Industry Discussion, Inspiration, & Tutorials

Jan 19, 2011

First I was amused, Then I was livid

I just had my first look at the "Male Privilege Checklist" and it made me sick. Literally sick to my stomach. Item 45 in particular...


45. Sexual harassment on the street virtually never happens to me. I do not need to plot my movements through public space in order to avoid being sexually harassed, or to mitigate sexual harassment.(view the full checklist...)


I guess it's the bit about plotting alternate routes to avoid douchebaggery that got to me. I ride a f*cking bike. You know how inconvenient it is to bike 2 blocks out my my way to get home from the grocery store that's 2 blocks away???


 I firmly believe that we should be able to discharge pepper spray in the eyes of those cretinous bastards. Who do I talk to about making that a ballot initiative?

No comments:

Popular