Enter your keyword

Communications Design Industry Discussion, Inspiration, & Tutorials

Apr 8, 2014

Teacher's Lesson

As a new teacher I am privy to the highs and lows of the profession without that much commitment. Early in the semester I realized that my input, critique, and idiosyncrasies color the way that these budding creatives approach future design challenges. That realization took me back to a conversation I started last year with some of my professional peers.


Me: I had to chuckle when I came across these poster designs done in Max Boam and Bert Smith's classes... those two challenged me to grow as a designer.

A. Scott: I love Max Boam 

C. Ono: love max. He was so straightforward but helped me grow a lot. I asked him about a piece one time and I asked "does this look like crap?" and he said, "yes, yes I'm afraid it does." and ever since then, I ask myself that question all the time when reviewing my work and think if he would give me the same reply…

A. Willard: I can imagine Max saying that in his Brit accent...

C. Ono: That's what made it so polite 





No comments:

Popular